Roll out the barrel, we’ll have a barrel of fun
Roll out the barrel, we’ve got the blues on the run
Zing boom tararrel, ring out a song of good cheer
Now’s the time to roll the barrel, for the gang’s all here
“Beer Barrel Polka,” composed by Jaromír Vejvoda
Katherine Kotaw was nominated for a Trophy Central Show Us Your Sue award last June so you might wonder why it took us 8 months to include her among our recipients.
Well, we were waiting for the rest of the gang – the KOTAW Girl Gang – to arrive. Now that they’re here – and five more nominations have rolled in – we’re ready to put on our dancing shoes and stomp out a polka in celebration.
As it turns out – and many of you may know by now – Katherine, founder of KOTAW, a Los Angeles brand storytelling firm, leads a female gang that includes her daughters, Bri and Kelsey, pit bull Ivy, poodle doodle LuLU and a kitten-cat named Doosis.
So we’re glad we waited to hand out this trophy. Because what’s better than honoring a single nominee? Honoring a gang of them.
The only problem with waiting is that it was hard to fit the various accolades on the engraved portion of the custom engraved trophy we made for the females who work and play at KOTAW Content Marketing. But we gave it our best shot, and here’s what we came up with:
The KOTAW Girl Gang
Excellence in Bravery, Determination, Creativity, Kindness & Pit Bull Advocacy
We congratulate the KOTAW Girl Gang and thank those who nominated them:
- Jill Cofsky, first grade teacher, professional voice actor, and broadcaster for the visually impaired.
- Gomee Girl, a community, brand and beautiful concept created by Donna Rheaume Furgal, which inspires girls of all ages to love themselves for who they are.
- Kristen Lamb, writer, literacy advocate and author of the Dani P. Mystery kid lit series about a young female sleuth.
- Jennifer Broderick, artist and owner of Jennifer! Designs, a stationery and surface design company.
- Chloe Pink, a 7 year old girl cartoon character created by Sharna Fulton who is on a mission to empower girls to follow their dreams.
- Krithika Rangarajan, freelance writer and winner of our very first Show Us Your Sue award.
The Trophy Central Show Us Your Sue award, also called the Random Acts of Trophy-ness award, was inspired by the fictional Sue Heck from The Middle. Sue Heck is our muse. We love her can-do spirit and the fact that she never, EVER gives up! Sue Heck may not be a “winner” in the traditional trophy-giving sphere (athleticism or artistic talent for example) but she makes the world a better place, just by being the awesome person she is. And that is what makes a true winner in our eyes.
We think Katherine, Bri, Kelsey, Ivy, LuLU and Doosis are KOTAWesome! And, if you read about their passion to rebrand pit bulls as sweet and loving or their courageous triumph over domestic violence, we think you’ll agree.
Let’s keep the barrel rolling! Nominate your favorite everyday hero for a Trophy Central Random Act of Trophy-ness award today!